Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Catching Up..........The Holiday Season

This past year the holiday season seemed to pass by so quickly.  I know it has been awhile since I have blogged but decided to catch everyone up on what has been going on with us. 

Let's go back to Thanksgiving.  This was the first time in about 20 years that I did not cook Thanksgiving dinner.  The kids were unable to come home because of work responsibilities and so it was just me and the hubby. 

It was the first time I ever in life went out to dinner for Thanksgiving!!!  We went to Neely's Barbecue and the food was fantastic!!!!
 
In case you didn't know, Pat and Gina Neely and their family own and operate own several BBQ restaurants in Tennessee.  They also have a show on the food network, Down Home with the Neely's.  I am a huge fan of their show so I just had to try their restaurant! 
 
We had reservations and were seated right away near a romantic fireplace.  We ordered the Thanksgiving pre fixe dinner.  It felt as if my grandmother cooked for us!!!!  Smoked Turkey, stuffing, candied yams, southern green beans and to finish it off a huge slice of pumpkin pie with whip cream!!! The meal was just too delicious to describe!  We decided to walk home afterward because we were totally stuffed!
 
The one thing I like about the holiday season in New York is how decoratively lit the city becomes.  The walk from Neely's was over 30 city blocks but we enjoyed the lights and each other's company.
 
Lights on Bloomingdale's....yes they are that bright!
 
Christmas came so quickly!  My daughter was able to visit and we had a great time Christmas eve.  It is our tradition to have a nice meal Christmas eve, and then go out and see the tree in Rockefeller Center. We then walk home to see all the city lights one last time as a family! 
 


 
Some of my favorite people and the tree in Rockefeller Center
 
New Years came so quickly!  My husband and I stayed in but my daughter went out and partied with friends! 
 
Reflecting back it seems almost as if it was a dream.  The holiday's came and went in a flash!  I hope that everyone out there had a safe and happy holiday and will have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!  And to all my beading friends....HAPPY BEADING in 2013!
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment