Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Punkin' pickin'

The leaves have fallen and an autumnal chill has hit New York City.  It's time to start clearing my summer clothes out of the closet and committing to putting my fall clothes in!  It's also time for all those wonderful fall activities here in NYC!  Walks through Central Park and pumpkin picking on Long Island's East End! The weekends are usually the time I rest my hands from beading all week and partake of all the fun things the city has to offer!

When my kids were younger we use to take them to hanks pumpkintown in Watermill NY on Long Island.  There are so many pumpkins and things to do for the kids and some of my best family memories were from those times! 

This year I took a little friend with me :-)
This is my little friend!  While her mom was busy one Saturday me and the hubby treated her to activities on the East End!  Here she is as the train conductor at the Tanger Outlet!!!  Woot Woot all aboard!!!!

We then grabbed a bite to eat and headed to Hank's pumpkintown!
The day we went it was raining off and on, but you would have never known it by the amount of kids (big and small, us included) were out at the pumpkin patch!

Tons of bright beautiful pumpkins greeted us when we drove up!!!

But the main attraction was all the things they had for the kids to do and of course the food!  Candy apples, caramel apples, apple cider donuts, pies of all kinds and pumpkin bread all cooked there at the farm!!!! Delish!

My little friend loved all the activities for the kids....we took lots of pics!!! What a character she is!
This place is a kids paradise....us big kids liked it too!

The husband even got with the festivities and started hamming it up....after he bought his pumpkin pie of course!

Time to pick some pumpkins to take home!!!! What about these two?....how strong is that kid????
I guess these two will do.  We like the small cute ones! Notice the red lips....we just devoured a candy apple!!!
 

It was a fun day for all of us!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment