Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Book Review: Teach Yourself Visually Beadwork by Chris Franchetti Michaels

When it comes to bead work I am a visual learner.  Once I see how a stitch is done then I know how to do it.  I need either a video or pictures to teach me.  A few years ago I wanted to learn a few of the basic stitches which I had never used to add some variety to my work.  Teach Yourself Visually was the perfect book for those lessons.


Teach yourself visually is a good book to have if you are not familiar with a stitch and need to see how it is done.  It is perfect for the first time learner, or for those who are trying to brush up on a stitch they have not done in awhile.  Below is a sample page on how to execute a brick stitch.

After you go through the book and learn all the stitches there are two chapters with beginner and intermediate projects you can try.  I also love the fact that there is a chapter on jewelry finishing techniques. For someone who is always trying to figure out a creative way to end a project this came in handy.  

I recommend this book to anyone who has started beading or just wants to add a few new stitches under their belt and experiment with a new technique.

Happy Beading!


No comments:

Post a Comment