Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Review: Seed Bead Stitching and More Seed Bead Stitching


It is no secret that I bead almost everyday.  I do occasionally take Saturday off, but sometimes when I get inspired, I just gotta bead!  With that said, beading as often as I do, I can sometimes fall into a rut.  The 2 books above usually help inspire me.  They are both books which involve common seed bead stitches such as peyote, herringbone and even the common daisy chain, but as the title says they display a creative variation on the traditional techniques.


The books are written in such a way that you can take the patterns given, expand on the idea given, and create something unique and unusual, from a traditional perspective.   For example below is the common daisy chain, but with a twist. Drop beads are added to one to make a beautiful Caribbean necklace and pearls to another to make something very vintage and antique looking! Same stitch, different viewpoint!


In volume 2, More Seed Bead Stitching, it amps it up even further.  On the page below, we have the common daisy chain, now done in circles with pearls!

 If you are in a creative rut, I highly recommend these two books to get your creative juices flowing!



Happy Beading!







No comments:

Post a Comment